Wednesday, March 5, 2008

(clean) Washing socks

The boys spent their first 5 months in sleepers (no joke) because I apparently have a great dislike of socks. But as winter was in full force, and they were big enough for their cute outfits, I decided to bite the bullet and open the sock drawer. I have since found that socks apparently taste good to the boys. I find them stuffed in their mouths after their naps. This means that we go through multiple pairs throughout the day so that they have a dry pair covering their toes.

So as a result, I'm constantly washing (and losing) socks. I would be lucky if half the socks made it through the wash. So I started collecting all of the dirty socks in a mesh lingerie bag. I keep it in the boys' hamper and fill it with socks throughout the day. It goes in the wash and in the dryer, and keeps the socks together the whole time!

Purchase a lingerie/sock bag

1 comment:

Amy D said...

Ginger, I just read about doing this in a parenting magazine and bought one. Sounds like a great idea to me. I also have a shoe hanging bag on the back of the nursery door so that I can put the little pairs of socks in the pockets and find them easily.